Saturday, December 09, 2006

for NPR News, I'm Chris Butler.








Always wanted to say that…and today I got my chance. This morning, I taped a shortened version of the Bebe Bleue story. I think I did okay…we shall see if it actually airs (if I get an air date, I’ll pass it along)…but it was enough of a thrill to be able to say those words into a Neumann U87 with those three letters on it.

Thanks, AS.

The original version is still available:

CLICK HERE FOR THE PODCAST (v1.0) & TO SEE SOME PIX

-or-

CLICK HERE FOR JUST THE PODCAST (v2.0) ONLY















NP: The Velvet Underground/Spector Studios acetate of alternative takes & mixes for the Banana album. Thanks, MB.

Velvet Underground - 1966-4 Scepter Studios, Norman Dolph acetate, 42:41

1) European Son 9:03 (Diff Take)
2) Black Angel's Death 3:18 (Diff Mix)
3) All Tomorrow's Parties 5:56 (Diff Mix)
4) I'll Be Your Mirror 2:11 (Diff Mix)
5) Heroin 6:16 (Diff Take)
6) Femme Fatale 2:36 (Diff Mix)
7) Venus In Furs 4:39 (Diff Take)
8) I'm Waiting For The Man 4:14 (Diff Take)
9) Run Run Run 4:23 (Diff Mix)

PEEVE DE JOUR: is it the transmission or just a bad batch of watery gas that’s making my car stutter?

JOIE DE JOUR: "I want to make you happy, baby…” boy, is that ever great to hear. Thank you, IOJ.

NEVER BE AT THE WRONG PARTY:

Come see Purple k’niF at The Lakeside








We're the only band, one set at 10:45 PM Sharp! 'til midnight only!
162 Avenue B (between 10th & 11th Streets), NYC
212-529-8463
http://www.lakesidelounge.com

Purple k'niF on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mkn6XyOYZo

Ted Lawrence - '63 Fender Jazzmaster Guitar
Johnny Teagle - '62 Gretsch 6120 Guitar

Baker Rorick - '63 Fender Precision Bass

Chris Butler - '60s Premier Drums

cb…where are you?






NEW JERSEY

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home