Thursday, May 18, 2006

WHO KNEW????















last week (?) at rehearsal, one of our tunes morphed into 'I'm A Man' by The Spencer Davis Group. never knew the lyricds, so i looked 'em up - this is one of those classic moments where you've been hearing a song for decades, but always just assumed the lyrics were mumbled 'cause they were crap.


hardly...actually kinda cool.

I’M A MAN

Well my pad is very messy
And theres whiskers on my chin
And Im all hung up on music
And I always play to win
I aint got no time for lovin
Cause my time is all used up
Just to sit around creatin
All that groovy kind of stuff.

Im a man
Yes I am
And I cant help
But love you so
Im a man
Yes I am
And I cant help
But love you so.

Well if I had my choice of matter
I would rather be with cats
All engrossed in mental chatter
Moving where our minds are at
And relating to each other
Just how strong our wills can be
Im resisting all involvement
With each groovy chick we see

CHORUS

I got to keep my image
While suspended from a throne
That looks out upon a kingdom
Full of people all unknown
Who imagine Im not human
And my heart is made of stone
I never had no problems
And my toilets trimmed with chrome

CHORUS

NP: The Spencer Davis Group/"Keep On Runnin'" [back to the dumbass lyrics]

PEEVE DE JOUR:

nosleepnosleepnosleepnotjustfrieddeepfriedcolonelsanderskaolagoldstylee [yes i know you came up with this riff]

N. B. A T. W. P.: Bruce Bennett is a goddam genius...

" The A-Bones will be providing the sloppy, non-matching shirted, 100% Little Steven unapproved filling to a triple-decker stupid-rock sandwich this Saturday night 5/20 at Magnetic Field at 97 Atlantic Avenue in the cradle of civilization, Brooklyn, NYC.
Early show (doors 7:30, neighbor curfew circa 11) and we're in the middle so you do the math."

http://www.magneticbrooklyn.com/

cb...WHERE ARE YOU?




PENNSYLVANIA (travel day)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home