Friday, June 09, 2006

CYCLONIC REACTION REACTION










my pal Richard Lloyd emailed me the following re: his experience on Coney Island's Cyclone roller coaster with his son:


The last adult roller coaster ride I had taken was the cyclone, where I had totally fucked up my back in the '80s. But there I was again climbing into one of its tiny crappy dirty cars. Dylan was excited and scared at the same time. So was I. As the car pulled out of the station I decided to try an experiment -- I would pretend that I was in complete control at all times -- that I was making the decisions as to where the roller coaster would go, up, down, side to side -- it was all under my complete command. As the roller coaster climbed up the chain to the top and over starting its freefall I decided that it should go down, and around. I decided that it should slam me from side to side and that I had decided to decide this sadistic turn of events. I kept up this decision-making while my son closed his eyes and made faces of abject terror.

At the end of the ride I stood up. I was astonished that I could stand up. I did that bit -- you know, I shook it off, and I walked down the exit ramp like a bowlegged cowboy. That's when I heard it, that God awful sound -- "Dad, we have to go on it again. Right now!"

N. B. A T. W. P.: REMINDER! BROOKLYN WOODSTOCK THIS SATURDAY JUNE 10TH

Back in the 90s, Gil Shuster organized these amazing concerts in his backyard in Brooklyn. He called them Brooklyn Woodstock and great bands would play all day and raise money for AIDs Research.

Now, about 10 years after the last Brooklyn Woodstock was held, the event is returning to Gil's backyard on June 10--this time to raise money for breast cancer research--in memory of our wonderful friend Wendy Geffin.

Life In A Blender and many other great bands are playing. See the attached poster and hope to see you there.




ROSATI'S FLAVOR-OF-THE-DAY


June 9th = Brownie Batter

http://www.rosatisfrozencustard.com/index.html

cb...where are you?







OHIO

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home