Saturday, April 29, 2006

THE BIRDS/BATH












...so i am sitting on a rock in my yard in lovely Bath, OH, talking phoneseriousrealdeallifestuff with NC...and i'm telling her about this RED TAIL HAWK that i see everyday that perches on a branch about 40 feet above my small pond that will periodically swoop into the water after a frog or something and invariable MISS...and then sit on a log and preen itself and and try to regain its dignity and hope that nobody saw it's clumsy attempt at feeding itself.








...when as i am talking on the friggin' phone i get BUZZED by this bird i can feel wings whoosh thru my hair damn! that is sooooooo weird!!! thank god no talons out i tell NC what has just happened and she sez maybe i should get the hell out of there and i say yeah it must have a nest nearby and be very territorial and perceive me as a threat (me???) and i see it up in a tree giving me the feathery eye-ball and i agree...so i get off the rock and move towards the house and eeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww the damn thing buzzes me AGAIN and i lose my balance and i fall over and CRACK MY HEAD hard against a rock out-cropping and see stars and have to ring off as the world swims before my eyes and i am friggin' BLEEDING from a nice deep GASH on my left earlobe.

WTTIPIHEDRENF?????

NP: the ringthrobouch in my head...crap, do i have a concussion?

PEEVE DE JOUR: not having a .22 rifle.

FLASH - 9:28AM UPDATE: there are THREE bigass wild turkeys in my backyard RIGHT NOW...normally, i would say yahoo!, but today i am too birdspooked to go outside.

N.B.A.T.W.P.:










TONIGHT
, APRIL 29TH

---- 9:30 PM / $7 Admission

TIN HUEY WILL BE PLAYING

THE LIME SPIDER 207 South Main Street AKRON, OH

WITH HALF CLEVELAND (featuring members of Tin Huey + Debbie Smith from CHI-PIG)

and

RALPH CARNEY AND FRIENDS (featuring...um...members of Tin Huey as well)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home