Thursday, September 14, 2006

9/20/09

= BUSH'S LAST DAY IN OFFICE















way too long...

from Higgs in Wayne:

DAILY SHOW - "Metaphorical Mapquest"....man, brilliance.

http://movies.crooksandliars.com/TDS-Bush-Reachout.mov
.....

from KA in the UK:



irony and symbolism is lost on him...
......
(NEW!) GOTH-TUME DE JOUR:



















(aside: took my kid to Party City in Edgewater for research for his pending 7th b-day party. they have a whole series of Goth Gurl costumes that...well...appeal. will be running these 'til Halloween. enjoy!)


NP:
PBS biography of PRESTON STURGES...my ALL TIME favorite writer/director:

















..and all his stock players kill: Al Bridge, William Demerest, Joel McRea...and the immortal Eugene Pallette!






































"I have no success formula. If I have attained any, it's an act of God. What I learned I picked up from sets. I just kept my eyes opened and learned, as my Filipino chauffeur learned to drive an auto. For five years he rode on seats near the bus driver and watched the driver. Then he went out and started driving."
Preston Sturges, 1940


kind of the theme of this blog...

http://www.prestonsturges.com/

PEEVE DE JOUR: 24-hours broker.

JOIE DE JOUR: nope...nada...well, a beautiful woman smiled at me in Shoprite.

ROSATI'S FLAVOR-OF-THE-DAY:

(Sept. 14th)

Cinnamon

cb...where are you?






NEW JERSEY

1 Comments:

Blogger K.A. said...

You know there's something really disturbing about that photo of the Idiot Son trampling over the flag. I mean, I'm not American and, anyway, flags aren't sacred for me, but it's the pose of the Idiot and the Stepford Wife as they happily line up for yet another photo-op for which he's happy to be pictured stamping on the flag which he's usually so careful to wrap himself in.

Perhaps he's just become so arrogant that he just doesn't care any more. More probably he's so dumb that he just doesn't have a clue.

11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home